Mentorship is a recognized method for encouraging youth development. Recent research shows that the best way to bring about change in philanthropic projects and initiatives is through being involved and not just handing temporal solutions, but inculcating practical guidance. With this in mind, Twaa believes it is vital to retain and continue to facilitate the growth of girls by augmenting the existing tools and skills they have in order for them to continue to be successful.
This mentorship app is lauched from our vision of providing an innovative platform that will change the way women connect and engage in mentoring and learning from each other, that was insightful informed through years of empowering girls and women through mentorship. We believe this platform will help empower girls everywhere in Africa through the following ways:
- Help girls identify and achieve career development and personal growth goals that support their objectives.
- Support building a bench of leaders who have knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Foster higher levels of engagement and career/business vision.
- Equip girls with the tools necessary to perform to their highest capabilitilies.
- Create opportunities to meet and partner with peers.
- Create a culture that sees mentorship as an effective way of developing individuals.
In this app you will find interesting features that will enable you to find mentors of your choice and interact with them, share your work and inspirational story that can be highlighted on the Kinara page, read and learn from the vast content designed especially for you, get counsellig support from Aunty S - our go to counsellor for emotional support and advice and so much more!
To effectively benefit from the app, mentees and mentors should:
Interacting with each other at least once a month.
Create a mentorship agreement, where you agree on what needs to be achieved.
Establish a trusting relationship.
Mentors should assist and challenge mentee(s) with improving their “MY's". (See next article)
Discuss topics, such as career paths, developing leadership skills, etc.
Gain perspectives of other mentors/ mentees.
Engage in deeper conversations that should address mentees challenges.