This article is designed to give tips to readers about how they can improve their life to have a healthy lifestyle; it is not meant to be all inclusive but will include major components that are considered to be parts of a lifestyle that lead to good health.
Healthy living means a practice of improving, maintaining, and supporting healthy, living in a healthy ways it implies a physical, spiritual and mental capacity, also healthy living strategy it focuses on healthy eating, physical activity and exercise, and their relationship to healthy weights.
All humans have to eat food for growth and maintenance of a healthy body, but we humans have different requirements as infants, children (kids), teenagers, young adults, adults, and seniors. For example, infants may require feeding every four hours until they gradually age and begin to take in more solid foods. Eventually they develop into the more normal pattern of eating three times per day as young kids. However, as most parents know, kids, teenagers, and young adults often snack between meals. Snacking is often not limited to these age groups because adults and seniors often do the same.
- Eat three meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner); it is important to remember that you have to eat lunch like a king and make breakfast the biggest meal of your day, and dinner does not have to be the largest meal.
- During the time of meal make sure that the bulk of food consumption should consist of fruits, vegetables, and fat-free or low-fat milk products.
- Choose lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts (with emphasis on beans and nuts).
- Choose foods that are low in saturated fats, trans fats,
cholesterol salt (sodium).
- Control portion sizes; eat the smallest portion that can satisfy hunger and then stop eating.